Lessons Learned: introduces aspiring teachers to the main principles and practices associated with reflective teaching in the field of foreign and second language instruction. It can also be used as a reference and resource in professional development programs for more experienced language teachers wishing to update their professional knowledge base.
Scope & sequence
Key Features of Lessons Learned include:
- accessible language, clearly introduced content, mind maps, pictures and diagrams facilitate understanding.
- reflective Journal Tasks, Observation Tasks and Portfolio Tasks at the end of each chapter help to consolidate and keep record of the information learned throughout the chapter.
- each chapter offers authentic teachers’ and students’ comments to help the reader understand different realities and widen the analysis of the topic.
- a Reflective Journal Task at the end of each chapter for the reader to carry out, connects understanding of the content with practice.
- the Online Links through QR codes at the end of the book enable the readers to expand their understanding of the contents by doing further reading and developing their research skills.
|Lessons Learned: First Steps Towards Reflective Teaching in ELT